March 9, 2015

// KINI SWIMWEAR

design your own bikini, which bikini suits me, which bikini suits my shape, the perfect bikini, bikini trend 2015, kini swimwear, like a harte, ivana petrovic, bloggers in bikinis, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion bloggers, ivana, bloggers,
design your own bikini, which bikini suits me, which bikini suits my shape, the perfect bikini, bikini trend 2015, kini swimwear, like a harte, ivana petrovic, bloggers in bikinis, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion bloggers, ivana, bloggers,

Let's be honest, one of the toughest processes as a girl is trying to find the perfect bikini - right? How I'd love to get a new pair every season, but usually what stops me is the search, endless change room trips, and the testing of my patience before throwing my hands up and going home empty handed.

Oh, how naïve I was back then, and how much time and effort I could have saved these past 5 years if I had just known about the greatest idea ever that is Kini Swimwear. The smart ladies behind Kini, Em & Elle, understood just how hard it is to find a bikini that ticks all of the boxes - something that's functional, flattering, and on-trend - and how disappointing it is when you have to sacrifice one for the other - at least before Kini was born.

Kini allows you to customise your bikini to your hearts content and doesn't just stop at colours and prints, but includes the most important aspect - style. Do you want a high waisted pin-up bottom? How about a racer crop top style? Bandeau? Halter? Triangle? Boy leg? Retro? Literally you name it - you can have it. And let's not forget you can choose whether you want tie-straps, over the neck straps, a zip, frills, a ruched or fold-over bottoms, or buckles. You can even Shop Your Shape first, to get an idea of what may or may not suit.

I spent hours and hours on the website (naturally, there were so many super important decisions to be made) and I finally settled on something versatile, however seemingly simple it may be from first glance.

I designed a high-waisted, retro bottom, with stripes in all directions as well as the right places, to give me the illusion of the booty that I've been putting myself through the 1000 steps for, at minimal effort. Also, I'm a complete sucker for stripes, as I'm sure you can recall.

With the top, I opted for a metallic black and white design, purely so I can mix and match with the many other pairs I'll be ordering from Kini. Now I just can't wait to get these babies and pretend that Summer isn't slowly fading away ;-)

The thing is that the fun doesn't stop there.... this literally solves all future present giving dilemmas. Don't know what to get your girl friend/sister/mother for their birthday/Christmas? How about their dream bikini? The best part is - it doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.



design your own bikini, which bikini suits me, which bikini suits my shape, the perfect bikini, bikini trend 2015, kini swimwear, like a harte, ivana petrovic, bloggers in bikinis, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion bloggers, ivana, bloggers,



37 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea! :) I'm useless when it comes to shopping for swimmers - like you I can only take so much of the change rooms before I give up and go home! If I do branch out and try a different style, I stick with that for a couple years....until I have the whim to try something different, haha. I have like 8 bikinis (4 in the exact same cut) and only 1 one-piece. So not adventurous with my swimwear!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing idea! Definitely checking them out. And I love your blog, followed with Bloglovin'.

    Also thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

    -P.

    My blog: BOWTIE DIARY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. this is so cool.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia VerardoMarch 10, 2015

    I love it! Very cool photos!

    Have a nice day lovely!

    xo from Italy,

    Sonia Verardo

    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fashion PandaMarch 10, 2015

    Sounds great ! Thanks for sharing :)

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucero ZambranoMarch 10, 2015

    I love idea.

    XOXO

    http://lucerolove.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way too cool, love it!! And love your pick!

    xx 365Hangers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sounds incredible! I don't wear bikinis though, (don't even like the beach) but it sounds amazing!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap- this is definitely one of those times when I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that first! I can't wait to try this out, Ivana! I mean, bikini weather isn't toooo far away here in Philadelpia, haha...

    Mostly Salty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa EnrightMarch 11, 2015

    This is such a good idea! Going to check it out right now, thank you!!
    And your bikini turned out so well. I'm such a sucker for high waisted swim bottoms.

    theresa | fashiontoa-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo amazing!! Love this. xx

    www.carrostyle.devote.se

    ReplyDelete
  12. FoxandMintMarch 11, 2015

    This looks so cool! I definitely want to check Kini out! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats so awesome! I gotta try that site out!

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fact that you can customize your bikini! Such a great idea.

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea! Never heard of it before now :)

    Lazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous, how has no one ever thought to do something like this sooner though? Must check them out.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. BeautyandthebMarch 15, 2015

    I heard about this a while ago, such a good idea isn't it :)


    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk


    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me too - I tend to stick to the same cut but now I've gone for something different and I'm definitely happy with the decision! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do it - you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know Candice, I know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you've checked them out - they're definitely worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such lovely souls behind the idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just received it in the mail too so I can't wait to shoot it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no! Well, if you ever change your mind, you know where to look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh tell me about it. I'm so glad you like it, Mary! Let me know if you end up doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stay tuned for the real post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. They're Melbourne based too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know! I just got mine in the maiiillll *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  29. Em and Elle are clever, clever ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  30. And aren't you glad you have? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. It seems so obvious once it's right in front of you, doesn't it? Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aw I'm glad you've heard of it before - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time out to stop by and comment! I do read every single message, even if I don't reply individually - just know that I appreciate it.

Feel free to comment in English / Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian etc. as those are the languages that I understand. :)