January 16, 2015

CRIMSON



Essential A-Line Dress with Flounced Hem c/o Oasap / Colette Hayman gold leaf garland (Urban Outfitters version) / Famous Footwear boots (similar)

I always love seeing runway photos of Dolce & Gabbana shows because their theme of dark hair, gold accents, and rich hues in flattering shapes have me ready to throw my money at them. The vibrancy of this dress by Oasap reminds me a little of the red lace collection they had last year will satisfy for now, is perfect for Winter, and also a lot easier on the wallet.

I've always loved items that are a little bit bigger, or have a structured shape to it while remaining 'breezy.' This ticks that box with its drop hemline - a trend I didn't realise I loved until that Zara dress came into my life around this time last year for the VIP launch of H&M Australia.

If only I could find a range of plain dresses in black and navy too - imagine how easy getting ready in the morning would be (especially if you happen to have overslept, like I did this morning). Lately I've been dreaming of plainer dresses and throwing on statement coats, jackets, or faux fur vests to transform the outfit that way rather than owning a wardrobe full of print. I think every year I tell you my battles between the two and I never seem to stay with one.... I'll get there eventually. It's 2015 after all ;-)





28 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeous Ivana! This look truly reminds me of Dolce and Gabbana- it's so stunning :)



    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning dress and amazing headband!

    Have an amazing weekend!

    ♥♥♥

    Jeanne

    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slightly in love with this head piece, I'm thinking of doing a 'hippie-style' prom look and this would be perfect! Gold seems to compliment crimson so well and that's a colour I want in my dress!

    infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so pretty, it looks great with your hair

    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalia BoschJanuary 21, 2015

    Gorgeous photos.

    Lots of love.
    www.NataliaBosch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning!The dress, the booties and your smile! :)

    I would love it if we would follow each other on bloglovin! Please check out my blog and let me know if you have followed me. I will follow back immediately!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shape of your dress! Very inspiring outfit!

    xx Furore Editor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty FollowerJanuary 22, 2015

    Nice outfit... love the golden piece on your hair!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That dress looks amazing on you Ivana! You're gorgeous!

    ♥♥♥

    Jeanne

    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sonia VerardoJanuary 23, 2015

    Great blog you have!
    I adore this look, your red dress and this head piece! You look fab!

    Have a nice day,

    Sonia Verardo

    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red dress is so pretty on you!! Love it!


    JESSTHEGRRL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red is a great color and the headband looks great on you!

    xx Sabrina
    www.gypsytan.co | Instagram | Blogloving

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful color on you <3 Also, love the headband

    — Michelle | MXP STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  14. you lookamazing in this red dress!
    have a nice day pretty :)
    keep in touch :)


    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautifully styled outfit. LOVE IT!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet and adorable with this dress!!! Have a nice day, kisses and thank you for stopping at my blog,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dressed with soulJanuary 25, 2015

    You look simply perfect in your red dress and Iove also your hairband so much <3

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yessss, goals are to own one of those pieces! Thanks Rach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have to admit, I got the headband purely because The Veronicas wore it on a TV performance but HEY it's cute right hahaha. Hope you had a lovely weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, yes seek one out! That would look great - I hope you post heaps of photos from it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank-you! It'll be a great winter dress I think!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Drop-hems are so easy I can't get over it haha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time out to stop by and comment! I do read every single message, even if I don't reply individually - just know that I appreciate it.

Feel free to comment in English / Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian etc. as those are the languages that I understand. :)