October 22, 2014

TREND TO TRY: THE MIDI

like a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trends

like a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trendslike a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trendslike a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trendslike a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trends
like a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trends
like a harte, likeaharte, australian fashion blog, australian fashion bloggers, melbourne fashion blog, melbourne style, trends to try, the midi skirt, midi dresses, how to wear a midi skirt, how to wear a midi dress, beach outfit, beach date outfit, what to wear on a beach date, ivana, ivana petrovic, summer 2015 trends


Embrace the midi. You may as well just give in to temptation already because this new silhouette isn't going anywhere... It's perfect for gals in the in between who don't like the sound of a mini and whose maxi-length skirts and dresses are collecting dust (like mine are, partially because I'm still not sure if my height suits them).

This Staple The Label beauty I scored at the Styling Suite a few months back caught my eye immediately, despite telling everyone a second prior that I own too many stripes and had to steer clear... "But it's a different kind of stripe... and it's a different length!" I tried to justify the second I slipped into its soft, stretchy goodness. I haven't looked back, and you shouldn't have to look further than the little collection of midi's I've put together for you below!

If you're stumped for ideas on how to maximise wear out of the style, try:

     1. Pairing it with heels for outings, while opting for Birkenstocks or sneakers for a casual look
     2. Adding a cropped jacket to break the fabric apart a bit on your body and making sure to try on different fits to find the perfect style that flatters your figure

And, let's go for the obvious but perfect option:

     3. The crop and midi skirt pairing that's taken the world by storm in various form of matching co-ordinates, or clashing prints and textures.

Have I convinced you yet?





44 comments:

  1. India BenjaminOctober 22, 2014

    This is such a gorgeous look, I absolutely love the black fedora next to your dark hair. It just looks really dramatic! Midi's really don't suit me but I do think they're gorgeous.
    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing! I've never taken outfit photos on the beach and now I really want to! I also have a dress almost identical to this at home, wishing I'd brought it to uni with me now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking your pics I have a nostalgia for the summer. Anyway, amazing look.

    Amalya

    http://www.fiwl.eu/burgundy-new-black/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pics.... I need summer!!!!!
    Kisses darling!!!
    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalia BoschOctober 24, 2014

    Gorgeous photos,


    Lots of love.
    www.NataliaBosch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look on you with the red lip and the dark sunglasses-- you're such a classic beauty!

    XxMO

    madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely! Love the big floppy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shaira ManaloOctober 24, 2014

    I'm new here on your blog. You look so gorgeous in this outfit :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it , lovely style ! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorna Mai LtdOctober 25, 2014

    Your midi dress is lovely. You are so slim, I could never wear a stripey dress! Your photos are beautiful on the beach with the sea in the background. I agree that a midi style is perfect if you can no longer wear a mini skirt! I'm sure you're able to though! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking perfect Miss Ivana! Midi dresses are great- they look so classy and are a really good staple to dress up or down. Great tips- I'll have to try adding the jacket with a patterned midi to see if it breaks it up a bit :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look incredible. i love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oOOOoo Wow dear, what a beutiful place...Stunning pics...
    love
    Eli
    www.theladycracy.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stripes and midi....good mix dear! Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Lovely photos! you look great :)

    xx

    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a pretty dress on you - you really suit the midi length! :)


    I'm too short to look good in midi lengths I think, unless I wear heels! I can go short or long, but never feel right in-between, haha! :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your outfit!! And the shots are awesome!

    You look great too! <3

    JESSTHEGRRL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ines de CastroOctober 27, 2014

    Hello dear, I am doing a Giveaway on my blog, I invite you to win a sweater (you have 5 choices) from Oasap online store! I hope you participate and if you do, GOOD LUCK! :)

    http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.pt/2014/10/oasap-sweater-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. sonia de macedoOctober 27, 2014

    You've made some great points here. I have an aversion to them because of my height but then again I too have issues sometimes with maxi's and mini's so this is right in the middle. I think I need to try one on again and I might just see it in a different light

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carsla PeytonOctober 29, 2014

    This is so pretty! Love the dress & styling tips. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete
  21. Who knows - there may be a certain midi length that turns out to be perfect for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Try it out! (And get your parents to mail it to you ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me too - it's yet to start properly here haha x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's so sweet of you, thank-you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love you haha, thank you for the lovely words! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a struggle to not wear a hat with every outfit haha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wooooooo!! Thanks for visiting - hope you come back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks miss! I just prefer longer skirts to shorter ones, and ones with more structure than a straight/bodycon one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well thank-you Miss. Rachel! ;-) I definitely agree - and I'd love to see you try it out as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lucky to live here! Thanks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's worth a try with heels, I'm a shorty as well haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, I'll definitely check it out! I'm giving away a Mimco purse as well here: http://www.likeaharte.com/2014/11/mimco-giveaway.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Definitely give it a go! I wasn't too sure at first either :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thought I'd change up the writing a little! Thanks gal xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time out to stop by and comment! I do read every single message, even if I don't reply individually - just know that I appreciate it.

Feel free to comment in English / Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian etc. as those are the languages that I understand. :)