July 15, 2013

RED

Mum's Vintage Coat / SASS top / Forever New pants / London Rebel heels (similar here) / ASOS bag

Taking a dip into what's left of Mum's vintage always results in an envy of those long gone pieces that she talks about, complimented by a face palm for those times that I replied with "I'm not sure if I'll wear that" and then looked for the same item years after it's thrown out (stupid, stupid). Luckily, this stunning double breasted red and black coat was saved in its prime - shoulder pads and all.  

It's a shame that we all learn this lesson far too late... when the fur coats and handmade goodies are gone and they're standing there saying "told you so!" Needless to say, a motto I've strongly believed in for years is "Mother knows best!" Yes you do Mum, yes you do.


16 comments:

  1. I love the details on that top on those black pants.The blazer is fun too

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is such a classic colour, what a great piece :) And that umbrella is too cute!

    -Helena
    helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming. Red looks great on you. I also loved the fact that you used the same tone but not the same color for the shoes.
    Hope that you´re having a great day.

    xx
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Red is quite a favourite.

      Delete
  4. This outfit looks so good on you. Cute umbrella!

    xoxo,
    Kaisa
    New post: http://voyagerfashion.blogspot.com/2013/07/shoulder-exposer.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics! Would you like to follow each other via gfc and bloglovin?
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that outfit :) And the quality of your photos are fantastic :)

    Love,
    Cherrydunia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherry :) Mum's the photographer haha!

      Delete
  7. you look gorgeous!

    http://fashionholic-queenbees.blogspot.gr/

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing! Such a lovely combination of clothes and especially love the blazer :)

    Charlotte x
    http://charlottexlucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous! I love the combination or red and black :)

    I love your blog, so I followed you :)

    Balsam - www.albalsamlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that's so cool! Red outfit in the rainy day. I love your shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great, love the colors.... Coocoo4coco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time out to stop by and comment! I do read every single message, even if I don't reply individually - just know that I appreciate it.

Feel free to comment in English / Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian etc. as those are the languages that I understand. :)